This year Dolbadarn Castle celebrates its 800th anniversary and we’re celebrating by giving away some great prizes!
The castle (we affectionately think of it as our castle) sits quietly within the grounds of the Royal Victoria Hotel, keeping watch over the gateway into Snowdonia. Built around 1220 by Welsh Prince Llewelyn Fawr (Llewelyn the Great), it is is an iconic North Wales landmark beloved by photographers and visitors alike.
How to enter
To enter, simply share your best and favourite photos of Dolbadarn Castle – whether it’s a moody landscape shot or a treasured family memory, anything goes as long as Dolbadarn Castle’s in the frame! ENTER HERE!
FIRST PRIZE – two nights Dinner Bed & Breakfast at the Royal Victoria Hotel Llanberis, bottle of Prosecco in room on arrival, tickets for two on the Snowdon Mountain Railway steam service, and tickets for two to RibRide Velocity Menai Bridge.
SECOND PRIZE – two nights Bed & Breakfast at the Royal Victoria Hotel Llanberis, bottle of Prosecco in room on arrival, dinner for two on one of the nights, and tickets for two on the Snowdon Mountain Railway diesel service.
THIRD PRIZE – one night’s Bed & Breakfast at the Royal Victoria Hotel Llanberis, bottle of Prosecco in room on arrival.
After the closing date, our panel will vote for their top three favourite images and winners will be notified by email.
Royal Victoria Hotel
The Royal Victoria Hotel is uniquely located close to Llanberis at the foot of Snowdon, within 30 acres of our very own gardens and woodlands, which include the historic castle of Dolbadarn.
The Royal Victoria Hotel offers you the perfect base from which to explore the region and welcomes you with warmth, friendliness and a determination to make your stay as pleasurable as possible.
During your stay with us you can enjoy a great selection of food & drink. The Padarn Brasserie and Eryri Bar & Lounge offer a variety of menus and are accompanied by a carefully selected wine list.
The 104 fully equipped ensuite bedrooms at the Royal Victoria Hotel are designed to offer you somewhere comfortable that you can really relax in.
Just 15 minutes from the A55 North Wales Expressway, we are ideally located for both business travellers and leisure travellers wishing to explore North & Mid Wales, mountains & coast.
Snowdon Mountain Railway
For hundreds of years visitors have been travelling to Llanberis to experience the rail journey to the summit of the highest mountain in Wales and England. A true mountain and place of legend, see why With stunning scenery and awe-inspiring views, it’s easy to see why Snowdon Mountain Railway has been described as one of the most wonderful railway journeys in the world.
Pushed by an original Swiss steam locomotive from 1896, our heritage carriages are re-constructions of the Snowdon Mountain Tramroad & Hotels Co Ltd observation carriages. The Snowdon Lily and The Snowdon Mountain Goat are built on original designs, meaning that today’s visitor can enjoy the same experience our ancestors did.
Pushed by one of our Hunslet Engine Company diesel locomotives, our contemporary diesel carriages seat up to 60 passengers. Purpose-built passenger carriages were built in 2013 for our diesel service to ensure that visitors can continue to enjoy the Snowdon Mountain Railway experience for many years to come.
(Reproduced by kind permission of Snowdon Mountain Railway)
Operating Anglesey boat trips, RibRibe is the original and best boat tour company. We are a Blue Flag Award, Sustainable Boat Tour Operator. ADVENTURE in the Menai Strait or join us on a EXPLORER tour to the islands and high cliffs, Holyhead. VELOCITY our fastest RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat).
VELOCITY: our fastest RibRide. This is no ordinary boat, it is an adrenaline-fuelled fast moving RIB going from zero to the ‘speed of scream’. The Skippers will take you out on an amazingly fast adventure reaching optimum velocity!
(Reproduced by kind permission of RibRide)
Terms & Conditions
Entries must be received by 11.59pm on 30 June 2020. Winners will be selected no later than Friday 17 July 2020 and notified by email.
- 1. The promoter is the Royal Victoria Hotel (00458246) whose registered office is at the Royal Victoria Hotel, Llanberis, LL55 4TY.
2. Any entry which is incomplete, illegible or late will be deemed invalid in the sole discretion of the Royal Victoria Hotel.
3. The Royal Victoria Hotel accepts no responsibility for entries which are lost or corrupt during upload.
4. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are stated above.
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. The Royal Victoria Hotel reserves the right to remove contributions that it considers to be contrary to the spirit of the terms and conditions.
8. The Royal Victoria Hotel reserves the right to retain and reuse photo entries for their own purposes, full attribution will be given when/if used.
9. This competition is open to UK residents only.
10. The winners (First, Second and Third) will be chosen by the judging panel after the competition has closed.
11. The prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are: FIRST PRIZE two nights Dinner Bed & Breakfast at the Royal Victoria Hotel Llanberis, bottle of Prosecco in room on arrival, tickets for two on the Snowdon Mountain Railway steam service, and tickets for two to RibRide Menai Bridge. SECOND PRIZE two nights Bed & Breakfast at the Royal Victoria Hotel Llanberis, bottle of Prosecco in room on arrival, dinner for two on one of the nights, and tickets for two on the Snowdon Mountain Railway diesel service. THIRD PRIZE one night’s Bed & Breakfast at the Royal Victoria Hotel Llanberis, bottle of Prosecco in room on arrival.
12. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winners will be notified within one week.
14. Prizes will be delivered/collected within 28 days of the closing date and must be claimed by 31 October 2020. Both RibRide and Snowdon Mountain Railway are subject to suitable weather conditions.
15. The results and winner’s name will be published on the Royal Victoria Hotel’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
16. The editor’s decision on all matters affecting this competition is final and legally binding. No correspondence regarding the results of the draw will be entered into.
17. Any Royal Victoria Hotel employee or anyone directly connected with the organisation or their immediate family will be ineligible to enter.
18. Any winner who has not responded to notification within 21 days will forfeit their prize; a replacement winner will be selected from other entrants.
19. Entrants must be over 18.
20. By entering this competition, you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any or all liability in connection with this contest.
21. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Facebook.
22. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
23. The competition and these Terms & Conditions will be governed by UK law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
24. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK Data Protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.